Main Office: (614) 444-1900
Direct Fax: (614) 444-1901
As a dedicated DUI attorney, Ryan Shafer works tirelessly to secure a positive resolution for those facing drunk driving allegations in the Cincinnati area. His educational background and work experience attest to his determination and passion for his field. He strives to provide a personal approach to every case and never underestimates the challenge of a particular situation.
Ryan studied Business and Political Science at the University of Cincinnati, graduating Cum Laude in 2002. He worked toward his Juris Doctor at Duquesne University and became license to practice law across Ohio in 2007. On entering the legal field, he gained experience at Dominic Frank Law Offices before joining the Franklin County Public Defender's Office. As a Public Defender he represented those facing a range of misdemeanors and felonies across Franklin County, from drug possession to felony assault. He learned the importance of an aggressive defense and worked diligently in the face of challenging scenarios.
As a member of Joslyn Law Firm, Ryan devotes his focus to DUI offenses from first time arrests to those with prior offenses. As an active member of the legal community, he participates in a number of organizations, including the Ohio Association for Justice, National College of DUI Defense, Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. While not in the office, he volunteers with the Salvation Army and the Legal Aid Society.
- Dominic Frank Law Offices
- Franklin County Public Defender's Office
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.), Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, PA
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, minor in Political Science, cum laude – Cincinnati University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College of DUI Defense
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Columbus Bar Association
- Central Ohio Association for Justice